Crispy Sweet Chilli Chicken Recipe
Crispy Sweet Chilli Chicken
A super tasty recipe for those with a taste for sweet chilli - can be made extra hot by adding more chillis!
Write a review
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. Chef Sham’s Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce
- 2 tsp. Soy Sauce
- 80ml water
- 1 egg
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 tsp. cornflour
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Salt and black pepper
- Rapeseed / Sunflower oil
- A thumb sized piece of ginger
- A handful of spring onions
- 1 large red chilli (or more for extra heat)
- Cut the chicken breast into strips, quite thinly, add some rock salt, black
- pepper and eggs then the flour to a bowl - coat the chicken. Set aside.
- Finely slice the ginger, cut the chilli into thin strips and remove the seeds.
- Get a wok and heat your Rapeseed/ Sunflower oil. You’ll want a good
- amount to deep fry the chicken.
- Meanwhile, juice the lemon into a cup or bowl, add Chef Sham’s Sweet Chilli
- Dipping Sauce, soy sauce, water and cornflower and stir together. Leave to one
- side for now.
- Fry the chicken in batches for a few minutes in the hot oil until golden
- brown and remove to drain on paper towels. Repeat until all the chicken is
- looking good!
- Discard all but about a tablespoon of the oil from the wok and gently fry the
- ginger and sliced chilli for a minute or so.
- Add the honey to the wok and stir while it is bubbling away for another minute.
- Then add the lemon juice, dipping sauce, soy sauce, water and cornflower.
- Keep stirring and bring to the boil, the sauce will thicken.
- Add the chicken to the wok to heat through for a few minutes, toss in the
- sauce to coat.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
Chef Sham Sauces http://chefshamsauces.com/